Sunday 5 July 2015

Manufactured Spending - Kiva

Dear Annabelle,

I am not in the realm of manufactured spending yet but I came across a post that I thought was interesting because it mentioned the use of doing loans through Kiva.  We have given loans through Kiva for a while but always just rotated the loans, not taken the money back out again.  I hadn't really thought that if we put money in, took money out when it was repaid, and then put it back in we would be getting points.  Also an interesting idea if we don't need a pot of money right away and are willing to take the risk of the loans.  I love the idea of loaning through Kiva so this is something I want to consider more.

Update Nov 2/15:
This link details how to search for loans that would be ideal for this manufactured spend context.

Hugs,
Jen

1 comment:

  1. I am kind of scared of the whole manufactured spending thing, but if you are doing loans through Kiva anyway, it seems like a good way to get a few points and do some minimum spend.

    ReplyDelete