Tuesday 21 April 2015

Credit Cards

Dear Annabelle,

I have been doing a bunch of credit card research intermittently to try and better understand the whole points/frequent flyer system.  At this point we (well Andrew) has applied to the Chase Sapphire Preferred (why does sapphire has 2 p's?).  They said he would hear by mail.  He has put a block on his credit file so that might cause issues...his SSN was stolen along with millions of other people's when our health insurance company's records were compromised...urg!

I am also going to transfer my AMEX from Canada to an AMEX in the US since they will let you get one new card and I figure that will be good for building my credit.  At least in the US being an extra card holder also builds your credit - you don't have to be primary.  In this case though I am going to try and find a no annual fee one since I figure it will be best for me to keep it for a long time to build the credit.  I just need to wait for our paperwork to go through that adds me to the family bank account here (so much financial paperwork with the move!).

I am sure I will have much more to write on this subject as I go through the tabs I have open on my iPad but this is the current state of affairs.

Hugs,
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment