Wednesday 2 September 2015

Tracking expenses

Hi Jen,

I am using a new website to track my expenses and I really like it so far, and I thought you might be interested in it. It is super simple, but it is fine for my purposes. It is called The Birdy. It sends you an email every day, and you reply to the email with what you spent that day, with one line per expense, and using hashtags to categorize the expense. Then it adds it to your calendar/expense list. It is one of the easiest free ones I have found where you don't have to link accounts, as the techie husbands scared me sufficiently about that!

Hopefully it will help me keep our expenses on target. Our July expenses were a little high (like $2000 more than budgeted!), but they included our Maine rental car and a bunch of house maintenance supplies, so I think our expenses for the Fall months will be more on target.

Love,
Anne

1 comment:

  1. Oooh that sounds awesome, I will definitely look into it. On the one hand I have been enjoying entering all our expenses into a spreadsheet after the "year of not looking at finance details" that was 2014. But it gets old pretty quick as I am signing into all these accounts and trying to copy the numbers. That said it is useful for staying on top of all these new credit cards. (sorry I didn't see this until today!)

    ReplyDelete