Saturday 7 May 2016

Preparing for the Unexpected

Dear Annabelle,

For the first time in months I feel like I am getting my head around things that could use a blog post.  I just looked back through all the past blog posts.  Wow I was really focused on all the travel stuff for a while there.  I am feeling really grateful that we amassed all those points since I used them for all three of my trips to Winnipeg.  We are still getting new cards and working on points but at a much slower rate.

I am currently sitting here in the middle of a thunderstorm, it is hailing and pouring rain and so dark it is almost dusk like, even though it is only early afternoon.  The girls have gone in with Andrew to Denver for the day.

With Kris's death I have been really feeling how much we "know we should" get things together but don't because we don't really want to think about those "worst case scenarios" happening to us.  But it has made me feel really inspired to get everything in order: our wills, emergency preparedness, letters to kids, talking about death wishes, etc.  We have started the ball rolling on the legal side of things; the lawyer sent us a 16 page questionnaire to fill out!  We only have our own will that we wrote in Ontario but it seems a bit lacking given the whole living in a different country and everything.

Last night I spent a lot of time researching emergency preparedness.  It has been on my To Do list for ages and we did pull together some things a few years ago.  I think I was always wishing that it was something Andrew would take over, but as it seems that isn't going to happen I feel inspired to dive in.

Hugs,
Jen


No comments:

Post a Comment