Wednesday 12 August 2015

Impact of Being an Authorized User

Dear Annabelle,

Andrew has been adding me to his existing cards and also on the new cards he has been getting.  In the US being an authorized user affects your own credit score.  Today I was able to get my FICO score through my AMEX card website (a new feature) and it is at 752!  Not only do I have a credit score in my new country I have a "very good" one.  Woohoo!

I had been wondering if it was good enough considering I have now gotten approved for two cards.  So given this I am thinking about applying for the Chase Sapphire Preferred myself.  I started to worry that being an authorized user on his CSP might exclude me from the bonus but a quick search seems to indicate that it doesn't have an effect.  This is especially great to know for the CSP and the United Chase card which both give an additional bonus for the additional user being added.

Found my information here, here, here, and here.

Hugs,
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment