Thursday 16 July 2015

ITA Matrix

Dear Annabelle,

I started using the ITA Matrix site in the past few days and it is AMAZING!  What a powerful flight search engine.  Have you ever used it before?

The following are resources I found on using the ITA Matrix.  I have not reviewed them all yet.


One limitation of the ITA Matrix is that you can't actually book flights using it.  But you can use a service called HipMunk to find the flights you found in the ITA Matrix and book them.

The ITA Matrix also allows you to specify your sales city and this post indicates that that can help you get cheaper tickets at times.

I am looking forward to getting good at searching this!

Hugs,
Jen


2 comments:

  1. I finally got around to checking the blog! Yes, I love the ITA matrix! I had some vouchers to use that could only be used on United flights (not codeshares), and the ITA matrix was great for searching a month worth of flights on only United. We eventually booked a trip to Mexico for next March Break. I am excited. Now I am trying to decide where we should stay, as we don't really want to stay in the actual town of Cancun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's fun to have a sun trip booked! I am currently looking at booking flights for December. Are you at all interested in resort type places or are you looking at more backpacking? What is your price range for accommodations? I might be able to help if you are interested in resort type places.

      Delete