Sunday 28 June 2015

Question for Anne: Meal Prep

Hello Annabelle,

I know you might not have time to write, but when you do, I would like to know more about your meal prep.  I know you mentioned in passing how you do a lot of it on the weekend and that helps during the week.  What meals are you normally doing?  Is it reheating of "left-overs" or are you making parts of meals and putting them together night of?

When we come back from Ottawa in August we are hoping to "stay on Eastern time" in order to get ready for the school year.  I figure our normal wake up of 9 am, shifting to 7 am would put us on a good schedule for school.  But it also means our evenings with be a lot shorter, since the kids normally go to bed between 9 and 10 now.  We have talked about Andrew trying to come home earlier than the 6 pm he does now, but even so the faster we can get dinner going the better for making the shift work.

Any ideas?

Hugs,
Jen

1 comment:

  1. perhaps I will write my own post on this, but I generally make big lots of things that I can re-heat during the week. I make a lot of pasta sauce, rice and beans, chili, pizza etc. I often cook one veg to go with the leftovers, usually broccoli or peas or cooked carrots.

    I also do a lot of lunch prep on the weekend. Murray and I take salads for lunch every day, so I cook up some beans, hard boil eggs, wash lettuce if necessary, and make dressings. I'll also usually make some kind of muffin or cookie that we can all take as a snack. All the prep usually takes 2-3 hours but means I can have dinner ready in about 15 minutes and lunches become much faster too.

    ReplyDelete